Idaho Wine Month Encourages Local Consumers to Drink Local
From Article by Moya Shatz
Idaho Grape Growers and Wine Producers Commission
In order to help promote the Idaho wine industry, June was declared as Idaho Wine Month by Governor Butch Otter in May 2009 to encourage consumers to buy Idaho products by purchasing wine grown in Idaho. Local restaurants, retail stores, and wine shops will be offering specials for those who purchase wines produced and bottled right here in Idaho during June to celebrate Idaho Wine Month. For a complete list of retailers offering specials, please see below and visit your local wine merchant.
As most of you know, Idaho is emerging into a major wine-producing state. With the long, hot days available to growers and our states rich volcanic soil, grapes are being grown and made into award winning wines. Idaho Wine Month brings people together for all of the tastes and treasures that Idaho has to offer. With the promotion of Idaho wine during Idaho Wine month, we hope many consumers will be tempted to purchase wine at a higher rate and continue to in the future.
To coincide with Idaho Wine Month, the Idaho Grape Growers and Wine Producers Commission is hosting Savor Idaho, Idaho’s Premier Wine & Food Event for the second time. Focusing on Idaho wine and food, Savor Idaho will be held at the Idaho Botanical Garden on June 13th from 2-6pm, featuring many local wineries, restaurants, and exhibitors.
Below is a Woodriver Cellars specials that they will be offering to support the Idaho wine industry during Idaho wine month.
• $5.00 off the purchase of one bottle of wine.
• Free 3 oz pour of Woodriver Cellars’ “Featured Wine” with each dinner purchased on Friday and Saturday evenings from 6pm to 9pm throughout the month of June.
• Enjoy 20% off all cases for the month of June.
• New Wine Club members who sign up in the month of June receive a FREE bottle of their Sweet White or Sweet Pink with initial sign up.
• Thursday, June 10, 2010 attend “Perfect Pair” for their “Cuban” theme. They will have food, cigars and port on the back patio. Wine and cigar education is included in the evening, as well as Barrel Room Tours and tastings. Port by Woodriver Cellars and cigars by Sturman’s Smoke Shop.
• Friday and Saturday Tasting Room hours are from 11am to 10pm with dinner from 6pm to 9pm and live music from 7pm to 9pm.
Sunday-Thursday 11am-7pm; Friday & Saturday 11am-10pm
3705 North Hwy 16, Eagle
Phone: 208.286.WINE (9463)